Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Should a turbo fail on a 2015 c class with 16000 miles on

should a turbo fail on a 2015 c class with 16000 miles on clock? and are there problems with the turbo on mercedes cars i thought i read something in the papers recently about them might b be needed to be recalled. also the car is just out of 2 year warranty shoul mercedes cover parts & labour to fix it
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 23 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This isnt common for this to occur at this mileage.If there was a lack of service where old oil was in the engine this can cause turbo's to fail prematurely as well as blocked air flow into the engine or restricted exhaust.But unfortunately a turbo can fail suddenly on its own like this here.Usually this is due to poor build only on the turbo you have on your model as I dont see this as a common fault for all of these models.I suspect yours was built poorly causing premature failure most likely.

Since it is just out of the 2 year warranty you can speak with a Mercedes dealer or Mercedes customer support to see if they will cover the costs or at least help with the costs to get this repaired.Usually they are pretty good about doing this on vehicles with low mileage and just out of warranty.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete