Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 4.6 v8 range Rover with a multipoint lpg system by

Customer Question

I have a 4.6 v8 range Rover with a multipoint lpg system by Prinz. It's started being reluctant to turn onto the LPG system despite being warm... is there some simple servicing that I can do, as a relatively competent amateur spanner wielder? This system is now 10 years old, the last 3 years in my ownership. I have installed 3 single-point LPG systems myself on Classic Rangies in the past, all successfully done! Any help greatly appreciated, as I'm miles from any help...!
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 22 days ago.

I'd start by adding a bottle of injector cleaner to the gas tank , as this will help with sticking valves

https://www.prinsautogas.com/en/products/InjectorCare/injectorcare.html

then its usually a case of checking for any leakage, change the LPG filter and run a computer diagnostics.

there's usually a valve lubrication system too so check that its top up tank is at the correct level, Add around one liter of lubricant for 10,000 kilometers

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.

Expert:  Matt replied 20 days ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you