Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My ecu fried on my Octavia and had it repaired but now the

my ecu fried on my Octavia and had it repaired but now the bulb out warning light on the dash is always lit and all bulbs are working and no faults are showing on diagnostics have been advised rear light problem may have fried ecu
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 23 days ago.
Can you tell me which warning light is on or not working please.
Greg
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
the one that tells you your lights are not working / bulb blown is staying on all the time
Expert:  Greg replied 19 days ago.
all rear and front lights working.
Greg
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
all lights working fine but warning light still lit
Expert:  Greg replied 19 days ago.
Have you replaced any bulbs at all
Greg
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
not since the ECU fried, before that a bulb on the o/s rear cluster was not working so I changed it but didn't work so after trying different 3 bulbs I gave up and put the holder back in the lens unit and it suddenly came on, the next day I could not start the car and found the ECU had fried.
Expert:  Greg replied 18 days ago.
Okay you need a scan tool to check for malfunction codes to check that light cluster as you will most likely find that the residence on that bulb is too high . The scan tool will also trip a code for this issue .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me anytime.
Even after accepting you can get back to me anytime without any extra cost.
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My mechanic done that after ECU was repaired and warning light was lit and no lights were out and no faults were found
Expert:  Greg replied 18 days ago.

Get him to do a complete system auto scan, and check all system for malfunction codes .

Have you added any HID or LED lights,

All it takes is for the incorrect light bulb to be fitted ,bad connection that builds to much resistance etc.

check number plate bulb this will also set it off.

And have the multifunktional control box checked .

We have seen in some cases when having a hard time in diagnosing this issue with out any diagnostic malfunction codes

was to replace all bulbs with dealer supplied and cleaned all sockets has cleared this issue.

Rgds Greg