Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have been told the Volvo V50 that the gearbox goes around

Customer Question

I have been told the Volvo V50 that the gearbox goes around 50 to 6000 miles is that true
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 22 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I havent seen or heard of this myself,usually if it is maintained properly it will last some time with no issues but there is always a chance of failure with it just like any other model.You can contact a dealer to speak to them to see if they see allot of these needing replaced or repaired to be sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi thanks for your response my mates gearbox went yesterday he has a Volvo V50 2lt r design,he has done 55000 some won told him the v50 the gearbox are Ford Fiesta box.and the Barrings fail my v50 is*****e two years older than is I was told by my garage who services my car said a while ago I had a purguot engine would you know if it would have fiesta gearbox with a puguot engine thanks

Unfortunately my info isnt showing if your model has the same type of gearbox.You would most likely need to speak to a dealer to see if they can check the VIN to see what type of gearbox you do have and can also let you know if they have seen regularly any common issues with them.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Cheers mate