Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Octavia (2007) is not responding to key. Opened door

Octavia (2007) is not responding to key. Opened door manually but no response from car when trying to start - no clicking sound and all dashboard is blank. Is it the key or the car that is the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 25 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with a low/weak battery.I would try a jump start and see if the vehicle then starts and runs.If it does most likely you just need to have the battery re charged to correct this fault.To be safe if it does start and after it is recharged I would have the battery tested in the vehicle to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. This was also my first thought, however in the past when the battery has been 'dead' there was a clicking sound when I tried the ignition where there is absolutely no response here. I did replace the battery about 18 months or so ago but that doesn't rule out it being low I guess. Also, all the screens on the dashboard are totally blank, which is a new one for me.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 24 days ago.

It sounds like in the past you had some power in the battery when it was very weak/dead allowing the clicking noises and possibly some electronics to work but now since it has sat for 3 weeks it may be completely dead allowing no electronics to work and no clicking noises.

I would have it jump started or recharged and tested to see if it needs replaced.It may just need to be recharged and may have slowly died out over the 3 weeks it wasnt used.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete