Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My ml 430 will not start today fine last night turns but not

my ml 430 will not start today fine last night turns but not firing up
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 23 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the starter engaging to crank over the engine with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
engine turns over it was fine last night i have changed the batterys in the key checked the fuses relays etc i am a commercial vehicle fitter so have some idea what i am talking about

Do you hear the fuel pump running the first couple seconds the key is on or when cranking over the engine or have you tested the fuel pressure at all?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
pump works and there is plenty of fuel pressure and fuel being delivered it seems electicial to me not sure what to check next and how

Do you have a scan tool with data display you can plug into your vehicles under dash data port?If you do monitor the engine rpm signal while cranking over the engine.If there is no rpm signal at all when cranking over the engine then the crank sensor is the cause needing replaced.The crank sensor was a very common fault on this model.It is located at the back of the cylinder head on the drivers side where the transmission bolts up to the engine.It is usually less then $100 and about 1 hour to replace.It is held in place with one bolt.This was a well known issue on these models for the no start.To check it the rpm signal needs monitored on a scan tools data list to see if it shows 0 rpm when cranking.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete