Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I recently had an injector changed in my Ford Galaxy 2010

Hi, I recently had an injector changed in my Ford Galaxy 2010 model. There was oil everywhere so when i brought it home i washed the engine. It had been working fine until this point. After washing it about 4 days ago the car wouldnt start properly, when it did start the engine light was on and the car was missing. I took it back to my mechanic and he was baffled as to what may have been effected. He been checking it but cant figure it out so i brought it back home. Its now starting on first attempt but the car is still misfiring. The engine light is coming on at intervals and i noticed it wouldnt pick up speed above 60 on the way home. Ocassionally the traction light has also come on. Its an automatic and when i put it into gear some times it is stalling, sometimes the missing just carries on and some times it picks up the revs. Its a lot better since i stupidly washed it 4 days ago but not quite sorted. Would you be able to advise on what it could possibly be, my next step will be booking it into the ford garage if no luck! Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 24 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately I have seen engine washes cause this issue here.Usually water gets into an electrical component on the engine or a connector and the water has to be dried it.It sounds like it is starting to dry out as it is slowly getting better.

What I have done is disconnected one connector at a time under the hood in the engine bay and checked for any water and dried out any water I saw.I have also checked with components like ignition coils or injector connections for any water and any electrical component on the engine for any water in it.

In some cases having the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle will help to narrow down what may have the water in it ( as a code may set for a specific component that can then be checked).

But it does need checked over for the water location and then dried out.It is possible a component was fried or damaged when the water entered it as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete