Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Just wondering if anyone has past experience with Ford

Customer Question

Hi just wondering if anyone has past experience with Ford fiesta 2001 model with 1.3 ohc engine, just having problems starting and am assuming it's the cold season, plugs work fine, tried a bit of wd-40 in the intake but still no response, engine just turns, my next option was to disconnect the fuel line at the carb to see if it's getting fuel, any suggestions appreciated thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would check to see if it is getting any fuel if you know you have spark.If there is no fuel or little to no fuel this can be caused by a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump needing replaced.You would need to have the fuel system tested further to then locate and repair this issue here.But a restricted fuel filter or failed fuel pump is most common.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete