Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Losing power in higher gears or uphill. Replaced the Mass

Losing power in higher gears or uphill. Replaced the Mass Air Flow Sensor and now glow plugs as well to no avail. Any ideas?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like a loss of fuel.I have seen a restricted fuel filter cause this issue as well as a weak failing fuel pump/injection pump cause this fault here.If you have not replaced the fuel filter recently I would have this done to see if this resolves the issue.If this is o.k. I would have the fuel system tested to see if the pump is failing to need to be replaced.

If the fuel system is found to be o.k. the other cause can be a fault with an exhaust component being restricted like a catalytic converter or resonator.This will cause lack of power uphill or at higher speeds.I would have the exhaust back pressure tested to see if it is excessive with an exhaust component needing replaced.

These are the common causes for this type of fault here needing checked into and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete