Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My peugeot partner is showing the engine warning light

Customer Question

My peugeot partner is showing the engine warning light intermittently, together with a bit of an intermittment "dragging" feeling when driving. It happens after 30 miles or so driving, and then intermittently. Leaving the car for an hour seems to clear the problem for another 30-odd miles.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi..there..

If you done nothing from this point..then the best palce to start ideally would be to get the vehicle scanned when this problem occurs..if you have code reader then you could maybe do this yourself and let me know the codes you find?..otherwise you will need to get someone to do this for you check live data from sensors,fuel trims if petrol are valid..Hid 1.4 likely hood fault bases id say the EGR valve sticking and may need to be taken off and cleaned up..but you'd only know that if what codes you have in the ecu..hope this helps