Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Volvo C70 2007 2.4 D5 automatic. The car shakes

I have a Volvo C70 2007 2.4 D5 automatic. The car shakes when I put the power on. This is not speed related, I have renewed the drive shafts, engine mounts, rear suspension arms, renewed all 4 tyres, brake discs and pads front and back. Renewed the gearbox oil. The engine runs a treat.
Could the Torque converter/ fly-wheel be a problem ? I have checked the six bolts that attach the T/C to the fly-wheel. I did notice that with the aid of a large screwdriver I could move the fly-wheel slightly but would this be because the fly-wheels are now very thin nowadays.
When the car is stationary and in park it's no problem. It occurs only when I am mobile and put my foot down. Any suggestions please. Geoff

hello

this sounds like the engine may be misfiring?

if the issue is only when moving off from a standstill then yes it could be a transmission fault ( as you've pretty much replaced everything else)

what state was the gearbox oil in?

if it was really dark and sticky then you may have try dropping the sump pan off the unit so you can also wash out the filter screen inside as if its clogged up this lowers the internal oil pressure and makes the transmission slow to shift and malfunction

however if the fault is there whenever you accelerate I'm inclined to think its engine related ?

so I'd suggest o replace the fuel filter and also check that the EGR valve isn't stuck open and clean it out if it is

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Matt,
I'll give it a try Regards. Geoff