Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have an 05 plate Merc E class estate. The boot cover used

Hi, I have an 05 plate Merc E class estate. The boot cover used to electronically lift up when I opened the boot, but no longer does. Is this an expensive job to fix? Electrics are covered by a warranty, so how would I go about finding the right garage that would accept the warranty?Thanks

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the electric motor failing or wiring issues to the motor possibly.You would need to take it to a dealer or authorized repair center in your area to see if they can honor the warranty to diagnose and repair this for you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete