Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Mercedes A class A180 2012 - "Front left malfunction consult

Mercedes A class A180 2012 - "Front left malfunction consult workshop" on the dashboard. This happened when passenger seat was moved all the way to the forward position. Guessing it's a airbag sensor issue underneath the seat? Appears to be a common fault having read around. My question is what's the damage in terms of cost to repair?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Must add my mechanic already attempted to remove the fault message but it kept coming back on

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be that the wiring stretched and broke under the seat causing this fault here or the seat track has an issue as some have sensors built into the seat track with the track assembly needing to be replaced.You will need to have the fault codes read out with a compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.This has to be done with a scan tool or computer that can read the air bag computer to help locate and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Pete, would you happen to know a rough price range for the particular repairs? Cheapest to most expensive? Just an estimate? Thanks.

You're welcome

If it is wiring this may run up around $200 to have repaired.If it is a seat track assembly with sensors this may run over $500 to have repaired.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete