Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Got a jag xf 3.0 ltr and a warning light as come on saying

hi got a jag xf 3.0 ltr and a warning light as come on saying check pedestrian access
been told its a censor in the bumper what is the name of the censor .

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be a sensor that detects how close other vehicles are as well as people to the front of the vehicle or also called a parking sensor in some cases.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer that will plug into your model's data port to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.Most likely at least one code will be set that will need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much . Will it cause any damage to car if driven .thanks again ken .

You're welcome

It won't cause any damage to drive it but I do recommend having the codes checked and this fault looked into as soon as possible to correct this issue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete