Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

When I put in 4wd the signal light with picture of the drive

When I put in 4wd the green signal light with picture of the drive system doesn´t lit up in the dashboard.
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No, but where is the switch for this light located?
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Terrano II, yr 2000 2,7 diesel
Assistant: Are you fixing your Terrano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven´t started but my attention is on the light switch itself which I think should be located close to the 4wd shift inside
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the location of this mentioned switch thank you

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked in all computers in your model here using a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.This may be a fault with the control unit/ECU that controls the light or the switch assembly needing to be replaced but I have also seen the actuator fail on the transfer case in allot of models that will also cause this fault.Having the fault codes checked will help to diagnose and pinpoint this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete