jeep10000
jeep10000,
Experience:  dasdasd
12365498

Volvo s40. Unable to select gear when engine running.

Volvo s40. Unable to select gear when engine running. Possible when engine turned off. Manual transmission.
Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
The reason you cannot shift it into gear with the engine running is because the clutch is not releasing when you step on the clutch pedal. This could be a problem with the clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder or the clutch assembly itself. Have the dealer or a shop you trust check it out. Once the clutch is working properly, then you will be able to shift into gear normally with the engine running.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system or by accepting my answer ? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!Chris
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Appreciate the response. Many thanks.
My pleasure! Pleasedon't forget to rate or accept my answer.Chris
I

You are welcome!

I hope that this information was helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system or by accepting my answer ? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! Chris