Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I am trying to fit an AUDI A3 REVERSING CAMERA powered from

i am trying to fit an AUDI A3 REVERSING CAMERA powered from the reversing light wiring. I cannot identify which is the power lead. Can anyone help?

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what year this model is so I can check some diagram info?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its a 2014 A3 cabriolet. I am want to run the camera from the boot lid reversing light.

O.k., since we are in different countries I am not showing the A3 in this model year.However, I did find some info on this.

It looks like you should have two to four back up lamp options here.

The power feed wires at the lamps are:

Black/blue

Black/Green

Black/white

Black

These four wires ( one at each reverse light bulb ) are the power feed wires.If this is not what you are looking for let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi
Just checked wiring on passenger side its Brown, white red, black blue and blue white.
driver side its Brown green, brown red, yellow green and brown.

Test to see if the black/blue has power on it when you shift to reverse only.If it does then I would use this wire.If it does not let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete