Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

i have chest pain, right arm pain i cant sleep and iwake up

Customer Question

i have chest pain, right arm pain i cant sleep and iwake up breathless, are these symptoms of a heart atack, im 29 years old mother of one five year old boy, im slightly overweight
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question.

Chest pain, right arm pain and beathlessness on waking up can be a sign of a heart attack and in people over 40 years of age, these symptoms almost always warrant an EKG.
But your are 29 years old and the typical site of reffered pain is the left arm when the pain is due to a heart attack although it is not mandatory that this happens.
Such symptoms can also be due to gastritis and reflux disease, asthma, chest infections etc.and in your case these should be kept on the differentials list as well.
Heart pain almost always mimics stomach pain since, they are supplied by the same set of nerves and vice versa. So, rest assured, this is less likely to be a heart attack.
However, as a rule, I always advise my patients to get an EKG done, since it is a quick, easy and cheap yet an accurate test to perform, if they have chest pain with symptoms of breathlessness, no matter what their age, just to rule out the serious conditions first and then work on other diagnoses in peace.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service if satisfied.
If you have more queries, please reply back without rating the answer and I will be happy to help out further.
Best.