Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod,
73554018

I cant reconnect with the first doctor who answered me, so

Customer Question

I can't reconnect with the first doctor who answered me, so I am asking again.

I was diagnosed in 2007 with trace aortic regurgitation. I had a checkup 3 years later and there was no change noted. I am now due to have my next 3 year checkup, and I am getting so nervous that I don't feel able to keep the appointment. I am so scared I will be told it has worsened. Is that very likely? Here is the text from my report in 2010: Echosonog raphic report: The average left ventricular thickness measures 7,5 mm with total mass of 105 grams. Left ventricular end diastolic volume is normal ( 80 -85 ml) with ejection fraction 65% - 70%. Diastolic left ventricular function is normal ( Em = 12,8 cm/s, Am = 6,0 cm/s.) Left atrium has normal volume and contraction ( 6,7 cm x 2,8 cm). Mitral valve is functionally and structurally normal. Aortic valve has three leaflets with slight asymetry in their size, Slifht marginal hardening of leaflets is present with only trace of aortic regurgitartion ( 1J3). Aortal valve commisures and leaflet separation are completely preserved. Pressure and volume circumstances of right ventricle are normal. Pulmonary valve is normal, DG/ Aortic regurgitation (trace - 1-l3)
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. W.Chu replied 4 years ago.

Dr. W.Chu :

Hello there, this is Dr.Chu and I just answered your follow up questions. Please refer to my recent answer. Bottom line is that your echo 3 years ago was essentially normal and I doubt you have significant changes in 3 years without any symptoms. Thanks and please rate me positively. Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-esroey8x- :

I asked you to expand on why there is no cause for concern. I read that aortic valve regurgitation is always pathological and only affect 1 in 10,000 people and that it usually progresses in its severity, eventuating in surgery.

JACUSTOMER-esroey8x- :

I don't see that the echo was essentially normal.

JACUSTOMER-esroey8x- :

This is the second time I have been unable to follow up. Can another doctor please answer?

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have now received an answer, thank you.

Please would you let me know if you would like me to close your question or continue.