Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Hi I was wondering whether you can help, I get short stabbing

I was wondering whether you can help, I get short stabbing pain in my chest and at the top of left shoulder at night. I feel quite anxious and irritable. My gp sent me to A and E to asess whether I had heart problems or a PE, both test came back clear. This was only on Thursday, however I still feel that I have something wrong with me and that they were wrong. Basically the trip as made me even more anxious about my health. Is a negative D dimer test accurate ??? Could it be that I am suffering from severe indegestion as I feel nausea and have heartburn, or it is just anxiety. I am really worrried and I cant sleep at night.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
If the D dimer is negative that rules out a PE
Also your heart seems ok
stomach/acid issues often cause this
could also be anxiety or muscular
overall, it sounds very benign
I think you have nothing to worry about
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just to confirm my D dimer was 280 is this normal ???

yes, this is totally normal
You are okay
no clot
I noticed that our chat is not complete.
My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am really anxious about the whole blood clot thing and i am worried that i have something seriously wrong with me since my referral to a and e. I have a neck pain at the left side when i lean back. i feel as if the pain radiates to my jaw. i now have this insane fear that im going to die. i am irritable and moody and very anxious. I feel like im losing my mind with worry. Are these anxiety and depression symptoms or is something serious going on.
I have also had cold like symptoms but no cold.
Sorry for being a pain
No problem and I am more than happy to help but please provide a positive rating first
This is absolutely anxiety
I'm quite sure of it.
you need to get on anxiety medicine.
I recommend an SSRI as a first line like prozac or zoloft