Dr. W.Chu
Dr. W.Chu, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I am board-certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular diseases, Interventional Cardiology and Echocardiography.
71126597

I have a pain in the left side of my chest going through to

Customer Question

I have a pain in the left side of my chest going through to my shoulder might numbness running down my left arm and a heaviness in the left Side of my face and it hurts in my upper back when I take deep breaths.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. W.Chu replied 3 years ago.

Dr. W.Chu :

Hello there, thanks for your questions. As a middle aged male, your symptoms are of great concern. I don't know if you have other risk factors for coronary artery disease such as diabetes, hypertension or cholesterol problems or smoking. In any rate, you should seek medical attention for evaluation of coronary artery disease. The usual test would be EKG, Echocardiogram and stress test.

Dr. W.Chu :

You have pain with deep breaths is somewhat atypical for angina, however, you can not exclude the possibility of heart disease based on this. I would seek cardiology evaluation ASAP. If the pain is getting worse and does not resolve, you may even consider going to the hospital.

Dr. W.Chu :

Please ask follow up questions if have. If you are satisfied with my answers, please rate me positively so I can get credit for my work. Thank you very much.