Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

My 21 year Son is having constant chest pain on the left side

My 21 year Son is having constant chest pain on the left side of his chest while having 5 anxiety attacks a day, he has taken Cocaine 4 nights ago and has been having these episodes since. We went to A & E last night and all his Heart checks and bloods were fine, he can't relax at any time and can't see his Doctor until tomorrow pm, he has never experienced Anxiety attacks before, only sine he took the Cocaine on Friday, he would like know if the constant Chest Pain is normal and how long will it last for. When he thinks about the chest pain, the anxiety attacks get worse an it is hard for him to relax. I have read some info on anxiety attacks and they apparently only last for 20 minutes whereas his seem to drag on for up to 2 hours. Can you tell me will these pains and anxiety go away or has the cocaine triggered a permanent condition? And also what we can do? Kind regards
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

I'm very sorry about this.

Did he have anxiety disorder before the cocaine?

does he take any medicine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, he has never experienced anxiety before the cocaine and is not taking medicine. He has no medical conditions.
Thanks for this question

This is likely anxiety related to the cocaine use

It is not permanent.

It will resolve.

The doctors in A and E should have given him something for anxiety.

I suspect his symptoms will resolve over the next few days and he should be okay.