Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I suffer from poor circulation, my problem is the veins in

Customer Question

I suffer from poor circulation, my problem is the veins in my legs. The rest of my body does not seem to be affected.(Only my opinion). Can my veins be treated and what would be the cost please? My date of birth is 28 -8-1927.
Arthur Bradley.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Hi still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, is it possible to give me some indication of what else you need to know please?

In 2009 I was given painkillers for a bad shoulder. After two days my legs swelled up enormously but shoulder remained painful. Returned to Dr who told me "Yes, they do that." !!! Referred me to nurse and was given various treatments for the next three years to no avail and was in constant pain and developed ulcers.

I then decided to forget them and do my own things. Using Germolene, the zinc one, I got the ulcers under control and now rarely get them. Using Tubifast 2way stretch tubular bandage reduced the swelling but is now seldom needed. I found Vaseline intensive rescue to be the most effective moisturiser.

Now my legs are getting less mobile and need better circulation. My daily walks are getting shorter. I also do daily moderate exercises to try and keep the rest of my body in shape.

I have suffered from gout since the 1970' s and take Allopurinol 300 for this, which is becoming less effective. No other medication but take Boots multi vitamin each day. Regards, Arthur.

What medicines are you on now?

Can you list all of them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

See my last reply, on the last two lines. Allopurinol on prescription and Boots multivitamin. I also use Dermol500 for washing.

You dont take any other medications for any reason?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No.

Have your doctors tried water pills?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, but on my own bat I monitor my daily input and output of fluid and only drink water. For the last 2 days I have had one glass of wine in the evening as an experiment, but gave up alcohol two years ago.

I was given tablets for hypertension about 2008, which after 2/3 days made me feel like a zombie. After trying three kinds giving the same results I refused to try more. Arthur.

What about manual massage by a therapist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, no. My problem is varicose veins, or the valves they contain.

There are some centers doing valve repairs. It is experimental

Here is a link for you

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/vascular_surgery/vs_valve_repair_venous_disease.aspx