Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

could an electric shock across the chest via both hands cause

could an electric shock across the chest via both hands cause atrial flutter? The power
being measured as 800V.DC at 38Ma.and frequency of 250s/c. The symptoms were, pain across the diaphragm front edge upon full inspiration , and slight breathlessness upon exertion.Later it was noticed that a feeling of static tingling was experienced when stroking
our dog via finger tips.The latter lasted for for a week or two!
A resting pulse of 145bps.and BP of 91/60 precipitated a trip to A&E,followed by 4 days on a cardiology ward.my pulse rate stayed high for approx.72 hrs.
I keep myself in very good physical condition with regular exercise and I am presently a 74 years old male !
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

the answer is an emphatic YES!

This absolutely could cause this especially at that voltage.

I suspect the shock was surely the cause
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)