Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Tricuspid valve / Mitral Valve wekaness

Customer Question

My father has been diagnosed the following: 1. Tricuspid valve: thin and mobile with mild to moderate tricuspid regurgitation - PASP estimated at 36mmHg + RAP 2. Mitral Valve: mildly thickened and mobile with mild posterior annular calcification. There is a mild to moderate regurgitation. PASP very mildly elevated at 41-46mmHg. He is 80 years old. This condition has been prevalent for over six months now. He is on a dirutics and warfarin 7mg etc. What are his options? He was extremely active and fit prior to this event. Is it possible / wise to seek a valve replacement? Or based upon the information presented, allow the condition to be managed on a continuation of drugs? Could you advise of a top cardiologist within the United Kingdom [Norwich / Cambridge area] to discuss further. Thank you.

Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

I would just monitor at this time

only severe valve regurgitations or blockages need replacement

His is mild to moderate

It should be watched by yearly echo
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is involved in the replacement thereof relating to my fathers case [both valves]? Can replacement be completed via key hole surgery?

Should he be on a cardio rehabilitation program?

these valves would be repaired not replaced

the surgery depends alot on the surgeon and his anatomy

that I cannot answer.

he should exercise but doesn't need cardio rehab
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)