Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Hello I had to call out a paramedic on Sunday morning as I

I had to call out a paramedic on Sunday morning as I had a pain - like a blood pressure monitor sleeve only a lot lot tighter- in my left arm. I also broke out in a sweat. The feeling spread and went up the left hand side of my neck and a little discomfort in the extreme left of my chest. The paramedic arrived after the pain had gone.

i was given an ECG which was negative. The paramedic said that he thought I had had an angina attack and that first thing this morning I should arrange for an angiogram and not be put off by my GP saying that I just needed a spray in case it happened again. I contacted my GP this morning and he had had a report from the paramedic. He said he did not think that the paramedic was wrong as i had not been excercising when I had the attack and also i had not had any chest pains.

He is reluctant to send me for an angiogram or to see a cardiologist but, as the paramedic was so insistent that I see a specialist I am inclined to make a private appointment.

Do you think I should take the advice of my GP, who hasn't seen me face to face or the paramedic?
Best regards
Jean Thomas
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

I think you absolutely need to see a cardiologist

This can't simply be blown off as nothing

I would go now
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)