Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Hi Dr, Hope your well. Im 23 years old, about 511 65Kg

Hi Dr, Hope your well.
I'm 23 years old, about 5'11 65Kg (skinny) currently a student. I don't exercise much because i don't get time to do so. Eat Fairly Healthy Food and occasionally a quick Junk meal like chips or pizza etc
I'm abit concerned as to what is going on me these days, i feel i might have something wrong with my heart, i really hope its nothing serious. But its creating a great deal of anxiety in my life and to be honest its effecting my quality of life
So I'm sitting here using my computer, working, and in every hour get this strong beat/thud in my chest like my heart sank / drop feeling, then pause and then normal heart rhythm resumes only happens 1-3 times an hour sometimes NONE. But the beat is strong and annoying and scary. It happens when I'm lying down to. No other symptoms : No dizziness , Chest Pain etc
I know it must be hard to diagnose something on the internet so Here is an audio i found on Youtube if you want to listen to, to show you what i am feeling, but only a few times an hour but the beat is strong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nptX9p349Vc
So what exactly am i experiencing PAC's or PVC's? are they life threatening? I went to the ER (March 2014) last time this happen more frequently they did a ECG, Blood work, X-ray and sent me home, also at the time i was suffering from extreme belching/gas when i was getting those palpation's and i am having extreme belching now, so i don't know if that has something to do with it maybe.
Please advise i have had these since i was really young (14yr), could there be anything structurally wrong with my heart or maybe something i have developed as i have grown up.
Kind Regards
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Please.

Hi Moin
nice to meet you
I think what you are experiencing is anxiety induced palpitations
This is usually not worrisome but you do need a test called a 24 hour holter monitor
it will track your heart rhythm for 24 hours and rule out any serious problems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can i take reassurance in the fact that this problem that i am having is on and off. i can go weeks sometimes with out any sort of irregular heart beat, it became noticeable 4 years ago and its been on and off since then.

yes, you can
also the duration of symptoms is good.
If it were something really bad, it would have likely caused a problem by now
try to avoid caffeine, dehydration, lack of sleep, etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
why did you relist Moin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Excellent service but i had many questions for you Dr, i didn't want to bug you with them, so i re listed. If your still available to answer, is it OK if i can fire just a few more questions at you.

yes but I only get paid if you rate me positive
let's continue so you are satisfied and I can be credited for my work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Excellent service, already.

I've heard that if there is nothing structurally wrong with my heart these extra beats, pac's are nothing to worry about, but because of my busy life style i cant get any test done in the next few months to rule out structural abnormalities. So is there anyway of me knowing that my heart is structural Fine so i can worry.

Any noticeable irregularities i have noticed, have started in my teens years, so is it possible as i am aging my heart structure is growing and is becoming abnormal?

Also i forgot to mention that i had a 24 hour monitor last year because of similar problems but the monitor didn't pick up much as i was fine that day.

I would say that all these negative tests are highly reassuring that there is nothing wrong
you have had a good workup and no positive results
I highly doubt your heart is becoming abnormal at your age.
I suspect you are fine
Thanks for the excellent but you have to click the face :)
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience: Cardiology Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks again.

I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)