Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

Hi, I've recently had a baby (12 weeks) and have been anaemic,

Hi, I've recently had a baby (12 weeks) and have been anaemic, having chest pain, palpitations and feeling drained/very lethargic and light headed. I saw my GP who insisted I attend hospital for tests for query PE. I was not worried I was having a cardiac problem as I've had anaemia for a few years now and assumed I was low again. I'm on 420mg of ferrous fumerate daily. I had a CT scan plus bloods. I also had heparin. X-rays were fine too. I also had an ultrasound on my chest. Yesterday, them doctor advised me I had abnormal septal motion but has not explained this but would like to see me in 12 weeks after another scan. Can you tell me what this is and is it related to my symptoms? My haemoglobin is now 125. It has raised but I can't recall the lower score. I had ferritin tested but I'm yet to find the score as my GP had showed concern over my results and requested I see him- I have an appointment next week. The consultant yesterday (I'm unaware of his speciality as I've been wrinkly advised he was a b endocrinologist) was quite blasé about my bloods. I had thyroid tests and b12 tested (serum b12 340 on multivitamins). I don't feel right at all despite having my daughter and expecting to be tired she does sleep 8 hours before she wakes fir her feed (I breastfeed) I'm getting good rest. Thank you, Elisabet.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 2 years ago.
Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Hello, Thank you for your question. I will try my best to help you with your questions. I need to ask few questions before first.

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Do you have the full echocardiogram test report ?

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

What did CT chest showed ?

Customer: I had an ECG which was normal. I had a CT scan where dye was injected. Again, I was advised this was normal.
Customer: It was only the results from the ultrasound that I was advised I had abnormal septal motion. I don't have copies to refer to i
Customer: Im
Dr .Saeed ahmed :

If CT scan with dye is normal then chances of pulmonary embolism are very very rare.

Customer: I'm afraid
Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Abnormal septal motion occur when there is higher pressure in the right ventricle.

Customer: Yes, PE was ruled out.
Dr .Saeed ahmed :

If your PAP was normal then this abnormal septal motion will vanish over few months.

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

PAP stands for pulmonary artery pressure.

Customer: Great. Is it because I've just had a baby or possible due to my iron problems?
Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Well it is due to pregnancy and birth.

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

what happens is that in pregnancy there is increased pressure in the right heart due to pressure in the lung.

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

As lungs have to take in more oxygen for baby as well

Customer: So, I go back just ti
Dr .Saeed ahmed :

so this causes increased pressure in the right ventricle

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

which causes abnormal septal motion.

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

I goes back to normal after few months

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

I hope answer is helping ?

Customer: Yes! A relief to hear this
Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Ok. nice to hear this.

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

You have questions ?

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Let me know.

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Do rate my answer to credit the reply.

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

you are welcome to come back on this chat anytime

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Customer: I'm happy thank you. Glad it's normal and they are just ensuring in ok
Dr .Saeed ahmed :

You are welcome.

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Have a nice day. Do rate my answer to credit the reply. Thank you.

Dr .Saeed ahmed :

Would you mind rating the reply. Thank you.