Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I am 40 year old male, non smoker, non drinker, overweight

I am 40 year old male, non smoker, non drinker, overweight by about 30kg following the depression, Recently been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, given various medicines including paroxetene, seroxat, diazepam, etc.
About 3 weeks ago i started developing a numbness running right down my left side, into my arm and leg. Walked into the Pharmacy took my BP and it was reading 160/100, i went and they immediately took me right in and put me in bed and monitored me, as they felt my facial symmetrical eye/mouth was dropping, however symptoms appeared to clear within 3-4 hours and i was discharged.
They indicated because of the symptoms they would treat is as TIA, i was then referred to the Stroke Clinic to see the consultant, they did my blood works which are ok, Ambulatory ECG, Scan of Neck, and also placed a 24 Hour Echocardiogram.
I just received this copy of the letter they sent from the Stroke Clinic to GP, stating the following:
" The patient was reviewed on 20th August, We have not received the results of his Ambulatory ECH on 28th August and the report shows predominant sinus rhythm with with episodes of first degree block with slower heart rate 61/124 beats per minute, and mean heart rate was 85 beats per minute.
He also had an Echocardiogram on 28th August that showed no structural heart problems.
Can someone please explain to me in terms i will understand what this means thank you, ***** ***** its the weekend and no doctor can answer me, and i am making myself worry???
Jim
PS: They also requested a Head CT Scan 3 weeks ago, which was carried out today.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Customer:

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi I'm Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

Can I ask your first name?

Customer:

I am Jaes

Customer:

James

Dr. Phil, MD :

James?

Dr. Phil, MD :

nice to meet you

Customer:

Yes

Dr. Phil, MD :

Basically this report means normal

Customer:

pleased to meet you too

Dr. Phil, MD :

your tests were normal

Dr. Phil, MD :

the holter and the echo were normal

Dr. Phil, MD :

you need to work on risk factor reduction and take aspirin

Customer:

they have given me clopidogrel at the time

Dr. Phil, MD :

ok good

Dr. Phil, MD :

you should be on a statin too

Customer:

but the episode made me really change, I am now working out six days a week, and eating a super clean, low carb diet

Dr. Phil, MD :

awesome!

Dr. Phil, MD :

that is great

Customer:

yes they gave me a medicine for Cholestorol

Dr. Phil, MD :

godod

Dr. Phil, MD :

*good

Dr. Phil, MD :

that is all you need

Dr. Phil, MD :

diet/exercise/meds

Dr. Phil, MD :

you will be fine

Customer:

and one 5mg tab per day for the BP ampiodole or something

Dr. Phil, MD :

okay good

Customer:

but the whole CT SCAN thing spooked me, as i am thinking why ?

Customer:

is this normal to check ?

Dr. Phil, MD :

yes that is standard

Dr. Phil, MD :

very much so

Customer:

And i have been under tremendous hidden levels of stress and anxiety for years, which i kept quiet i.e. very violent child abuse for 15 years, then my daughter been kidnapped by her mother and vanishing fire years ago, then entering into a marriage with a muslim girl who i am always clashing with, which gets me stressed out even more.

Customer:

*five

Dr. Phil, MD :

Oh my

Dr. Phil, MD :

I'm sorry you have so much stress James

Dr. Phil, MD :

that is hard

Customer:

we don't get along, always arguing, only 4 months married and already i have called for separate beds, and just chose to ignore her, rather than get worked up and stressed out more, which i think has angered her more because normally i was quite emotional and gave in

Dr. Phil, MD :

I'm sorry

Dr. Phil, MD :

that sounds very difficult

Dr. Phil, MD :

this could definitely be playing a role in what is going on

Customer:

i told her today when i went for the CT SCAN to stay home, i want to do myself, and she insists in coming, then the raised voices start, is if its not a big enough problem of anxiety going for brain scans etc

Dr. Phil, MD :

you might benefit from marriage counseling

Customer:

i want to leave

Dr. Phil, MD :

then get out

Customer:

as if i don't, i feel i will be leaving in a box with the stress

Dr. Phil, MD :

don't stay if you aren't happy

Customer:

i keep telling her i am unhappy with her, and her mouthy attitude. and she keeps papering over the cracks, playing reverse psychology that its my anxiety and depression thats causing these thoughts.

Dr. Phil, MD :

I'm really sorry James

Customer:

Then kind of emotionally blackmailing me how i would kill her mother if i walked away, also trying to get pregnant when i said NO, there must be stable relations first

Dr. Phil, MD :

agreed

Dr. Phil, MD :

sounds like she is trying to trap you

Dr. Phil, MD :

get out now james

Customer:

The more i see her screwed up face, the more i feel sick

Dr. Phil, MD :

I see

Customer:

as she knew i had been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, and her the good muslim girl, was calling me names like nutter, psycho, head case, your nuts etc,

Dr. Phil, MD :

wow

Dr. Phil, MD :

that is harsh James

Customer:

she was sending me links to Bi Polar and Schizophrenia, and my Psychiatrist said she is nuts, he can see i have been a very successful man in my life, lived all over the world, but just finally succumbed to depression after all these events and the wife is saying things like that .... its just not right, it shows a complete lack of respect

Dr. Phil, MD :

I agree James

Customer:

so you think the results i have show you are OK, and just a matter to get the healthy lifestyle back, drop the weight, and keep up the exercise everyday??? you don't think the CT SCAN is anything to worry about, if the other stuff checked out alright ??

Dr. Phil, MD :

Yes, that is it

Dr. Phil, MD :

I don't think the CT is a worry at all

Dr. Phil, MD :

these are routine

Dr. Phil, MD :

and get out of that toxic marriage James

Customer:

because i was planning to go a six week fitness bootcamp in Thailand but was worried with the medical stuff, and i did not know the answers .. so maybe i just need to go there

Dr. Phil, MD :

that might help

Customer:

The 30kg i gained is only since i got involved with her, i was 30kg lighter only last October when i finally came back to UK to meet her and her family, so i am sure this has been not good for me. i am in Manchester, a city i don't know anyone, or like

Dr. Phil, MD :

I see

Dr. Phil, MD :

sounds like you know what to do james

Customer:

I have my house in Spain, and always traveled the world. Lived in Mauritius for years also where i had a hotel, i like the nice life, problem free, not being controlled like a YES MAN and making myself ill

Dr. Phil, MD :

I see

Customer:

I have never used Doctors or Medicines until i came here.... and everyday i am sitting around with either her elderly parents who are ill, or aunty who are ill, and not a lot in common, and i think these situations being around such people can make you feel crap also ??

Dr. Phil, MD :

absolutely they can

Customer:

I am businessman used to being out and about, traveling, earning, and having good life. Now i am expected at the inlaws for Tea everyday, if i don't go they want to know why. Then they know i am on strict diet, still offering curry, chapati, cakes etc...

Dr. Phil, MD :

okay then you need to escape if it is not the life you want

Customer:

I am beginning to feel overwhelmed by the burden placed on me, as the brother in law, he stepped back, married a white girl, and basically has little to do with his family, maybe visits once a month. And his wife takes zero to do with any of them.

Customer:

maybe these are all signs too

Dr. Phil, MD :

agreed

Customer:

in my heart, i believe i know the answer. I was only putting it off a few weeks, because i was worried about the medical stuff. But if you think the medical stuff i have described is OK, maybe its time to see the GP on Monday and tell her my plan to leave my wife, and go training in Asia for few months

Dr. Phil, MD :

Yes, I think it is ok

Dr. Phil, MD :

James, did I do good work for you today?

Customer:

As i am sure piling on 25-30kg in 8-9 months is not ideal either, after having lose it all last year

Dr. Phil, MD :

no doubt james

Customer:

Yes, it was a pleasure talking with you. Are you UK Based Cardio Doctor ?

Dr. Phil, MD :

No I am in the US

Customer:

i lived there too in Orlando, and then in Anaheim California for few years

Dr. Phil, MD :

oh great!

Dr. Phil, MD :

I love both places

Dr. Phil, MD :

we visit orlando often

Dr. Phil, MD :

good weather in both

Customer:

i had property there and in Kisssimmee

Dr. Phil, MD :

very nice!

Dr. Phil, MD :

I think medically you are fine James

Customer:

now all i have is stress :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

Keep doing what you are doing

Dr. Phil, MD :

and work on your mental health :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

okay sir

Customer:

so keep taking the diazepam for calm, and temazepam for sleep as prescribed by Psychiatrist ?

Dr. Phil, MD :

would you mind rating me positive before leaving?

Dr. Phil, MD :

try to get off those

Dr. Phil, MD :

wean down slowly

Dr. Phil, MD :

you can't stop them right away

Customer:

I am also seeing a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and its going good... are they dirty drugs ?

Dr. Phil, MD :

yes they are addictive and just end up causing habits over time

Dr. Phil, MD :

they work short term well

Dr. Phil, MD :

like 1-2 weeks

Dr. Phil, MD :

after that they are an issue

Customer:

the temazepam 20mg don't do anything for me

Dr. Phil, MD :

ok

Customer:

zolpidem do nothing either

Dr. Phil, MD :

ok

Customer:

maybe just being on edge all the time causes the lack of sleep

Dr. Phil, MD :

agreed

Dr. Phil, MD :

definitely

Customer:

Anyway Phil, it was lovely talking with you. Thank you for your input.

Dr. Phil, MD :

you're welcome James :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

I wish you luck my friend

Dr. Phil, MD :

Customer:

yes, how do i do that

Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience: Cardiology Expert
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)