Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Hi, I have a history of AF and I have had two ablations. Last

I have a history of AF and I have had two ablations. Last Wednesday morning I had irregular heart beat that lasted for around 30 minutes. Once the palpitations had stopped I was left with a fast heart rate (120 - 140bpm). I have been to my doctors and been told that is sinus tachycardia. When I am still and resting it isn't causing me an issue, however when I move around I can feel my heart beating in my chest and I get a little breathless. Also every time I get up out of the chair I am going dizzy. Sometimes the dizziness is quite bad and I have to grab hold of the nearest thing to me.
My heart has been beating fast now for 9 days and it isn't easing up. I don't know if I should be doing anything different or should I leave it to sort itself out. I currently take Fleccanide 150mg twice daily and 7.5mg of Bisoprolol once daily.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
The bisoprolol should probably be increased
However, sinus tach is usually a result of another problem.
For example, dehydration, kidney problems, etc
I would get some blood work done to make sure all of that is in order.
Plus, get your thyroid checked
It is not ok to just have a heart rate that jumps up like that. It could be a sign of something else awry
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)