Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

How dangerous is it for a person with arrhythmia to go into

How dangerous is it for a person with arrhythmia to go into icy conditions? We are going to stay in an ice hotel in Sweden for a couple of days. What are the dangers to my friend of 73?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
There are no other risks here compared to normal conditions as long as you can stay inside and stay warm
there is no additional precautions that need to be made
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Obviously, if we are visiting Sweden, we are likely to be outside for some time. We are likely to want to go for walks in the forest, see the countryside, try to see the northern lights and this will take us outside. Also, we will be staying in an ice hotel overnight..... and while they do provide protective clothing etc for the duration of our visit, it will be very cold. I have read that there are some dangers to a person with arrhytmia or a heart condition because the blood is thicker and there is additional susceptibility to hypothermia.... Can you give advice or any warnings about what to look out for?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have sent a reply to the expert's response but not received any further information

That is not correct
You can do anything in the cold that you can do in the warmth
there is no risk of cold
sorry about the late reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I suppose I would have hoped to receive a bit more information, especially concerning what symptoms to look out for while outside in the cold and what precautions to take to avoid any problems.

The symptoms are the same as symptoms in the warmth.
chest pain
shortness of breath
leg swelling
There is no difference in the cold
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)