Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I have just been discharged from Kings College Hospital following

I have just been discharged from Kings College Hospital following a Echo which showed a LV thrombus in my heart. I have just been put on Warfarin oral tablets at a hospital 25 miles away after referal from Kings Hospital.
My problem is that I do not have transport and I have been told that my local hospital does not do Warfarin blood tests, neither does my local health centre in Dover. I was advised not to get stressed and not to do too much activity as this may cause the blood clot to move and cause a stroke.
Is there any other way I can get help with this problem as everyone I have spoken to can't offer a solution. Failing this I can not carry on with my Warfarin treatment as I can't get to these Hospitals every morning, and I fear that I might die if treatment is stoped.
Many thanks advise that you can give.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
They have home testing
you can get a little INR machine to use at home.
Ask your cardiac nurse about this.
they should be able to provide it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand that this finger prick test is only who have reached there INR level. I am still having blood taken in full and therefore require it to be taken by a nurse or Doctor until a level of 2.5 is reached.

That is not correct Brian.
so can start with that machine right away
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)