Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I have a VSD since birth, and had corrective surgery in my

Customer Question

I have a VSD since birth, and had corrective surgery in my early teens for the condition. The hole in my heart was completely closed so I still have a murmur.
I've recently started amateur boxing, and need to get myself signed off to compete in a competition. How would I go about this? as the club doctor has said he needs a second opinion, but Guys hospital, who I was under as a child have said I will need a reffereral to get an appointment with my old consultant. I believe This would take a long time, is there any other way of getting someone to confirm that I'm fit to compete? I Have passed fitness tests at the gym already.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I would just see your GP
He can look at the records, do an EKG, possibly an echo and tell if you are fit or not.
This is GP territory
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.