Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

My daughter was born at week 38 2.3 KG .. She has multiple

Hello, my daughter was born at week 38 2.3 KG .. She has multiple VSDs, one if them is larg '10mm' and last month she had a PA band surgery to help her with breathing and feeding. She suffered from growth failure .. Ever since she finished the surgery her voice is weak and she coughs a lot and wants to vomit most of the time!
Is it normal in her case or not?
Another question, when is the best time to do the open heart surgery to repair the larg vsd? And how much will it cost 'approximately ' in London ?
( she is on medication now, Frusol-spironolactone and captopril)
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
How old is she now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is 2 months and 2 weeks and she is 3.7 kg
Thanks for this question. I don't think this is normal. They may have damaged a nerve during the surgery. This can happen. I would ask the surgeon about that. As for the best time for the surgery that varies by patient. It is a combination of when she is the healthiest but before it starts to become a problem. What did they recommend?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For the surgery they want her to gain weight to be able to do it! Around 5 kilos . Regarding the voice it is better now than before but the improvement is very slow
Okay. That makes sense. It will take some time to recover. I agree with her weight. It is better to do it when she gains a bit of weight because her heart will grow.
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)