Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I am 40 years old, recently my blood pressure started rising

Hi, I am 40 years old, recently my blood pressure started rising to 90/140 and more , sometimes nothing happens for two weeks , sometimes it stays high for day or so, it seems to start(high pressure) early morning with chest pains and uncomfortable over all feeling. When I use some medicine for bringing pressure down it doesn't help. Doctors say that its normal for my age. What do you recommend?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
I am concerned about this chest pain. Have you had an EKG/stress test?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I haven't stress test but checked my heart and blood in the clinic.

I think you need a stress test to be sure. Other causes of chest pain could be acid reflux. If your BP is high in the morning that sometimes indicates sleep apnea. Goal BP at your age is less than 140/90
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what is the reason for drugs not working in your opinion?

you probably have sleep apnea. It creates resistant hypertension
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can sleep apnea or hypertension be a course of noises ( like stomach makes) when i have pains in my chest?

No, probably not. sorry.
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)