Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

My name is*****'ve had chest pain years

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** had chest pain for several years on and off. I've had 3 stress tests(the last 3months ago) and all were clear for heart disease. I've been trying to get fit as I'm overweight and have high blood pressure. Basically my symptoms are as follows(when exercising)chest pain goes threw to my back. Up my neck in into jaw(bottom teeth ache) and up my jaw. My jaw throbs on the righthand side just bellow my cheekbone rits in the corner.. Where the jaw and cheekbone meet. I've had my teeth checked by several dentists and they are fine. I've had several dentists X-ray check for TMJ. And that is fine also. I've asked my doctor to see a cardiologist and he said no. I've had chest pain on exertion before, but never sore teeth and my jaw aches. I've asked for angiogram and also been told no. I'm 37 years old. My doctor says its anxiety. Yet psychiatrist says that anxiety probably makes the symptoms worse, but would not cause them in the first place. even though these a new symptoms, no one seems to care. I've also been checked for reflux disease and that came back negative. Please advise doctor
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for your question

I will try my best to assist you with your queries.

One thing is for sure...three stress tests negative means less than 0.5% chance of having a possible atherosclerotic coronary artery disease.

There is a similar problem called vasospastic angina which can be considered as a possible cause. Your doctor should prescribe nitrates. If these help then there are very high chances that this is vasospastic angina. In presence of three negative stress test no one will do angiogram so we have to rely on this clinic pointer that nitrates helping your pain makes this type of angina more likely.

Let me know if you have questions. Do rate my response as positive to credit the answer. Thank you.