Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I keep getting stitches by my heart and when i breathe in

Customer Question

i keep getting stitches by my heart and when i breathe in its like something is going to pop and im worried to take another breath.i think its called some name i looked online but forgot
Category: Cardiology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello???
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
What is your age and gender?
Since how long are you having this problem?
Are you on any medications for anything?
Do you have any other medical problems?
Have you had any ECG recently or in the past?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im 27 male and no im not on any medication...i think its precordial catch syndrome...its exactly like them symptoms...whats the causes of this type
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is precordial catch syndrome.
A heart disease causing this kind of pain especially at your age would be EXTREMELY UNLIKELY.
But having said that, I would still have a baseline ECG and CXR done just to be on the safe side.
Rarely things like pneumothorax can be a possibility which must be ruled out by a chest x-ray.
These two tests can easily be done in the emergency.
The exact cause of this pain is still not known but it is thought to originate from the pleura (covering of the lungs) and not from the heart.
There is no known cure or treatment for this particular disorder that has been definitively proven to help.