Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Im 46 and months i have had constant palpitations feeling

Customer Question

im 46 and for 3 months i have had constant palpitations feeling dizzy somtimes hot and cold sweats,no sleep,no appetite and losing 2 stone since last october,i dont feel my normal self,infact i feel like im going insane,i also have headaches and tingling on left side from my shoulder down to my hand and fingers,i wake in the night with bad chest tightness where i find it hard to breath and its not panic attack as i suffer from them.i feel like my doctors are not doing their job properly as he gave me tablets for ANGINA!!!.my periods have gone odd,last month i was 4 days late this month im 10 days early.im very concerned that my heart palpitations will kill me off and chest tightness,,the doctor said my oxygen and blood pressure was fine and my heart was fine BUT DID SAY IT IS BEATING SLIGHTLY FAST BUT NOTHING TO WORRY BOUT
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
do you have any other medical problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no not what i am aware of

This sounds like anxiety. Severe anxiety
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so having heart palpitations constantly everyday for 3 months plus and dizziness and losing weight is all down to anxiety??.ive lost another 3 lbs in weight within one day,and your saying this is all due to anxiety.so i havent got a heart problem?as everyone is telling me it could be something to do with a blocked heart valve which is scarying me to death and i also have dirareah

Who said its a blocked heart valve?
Did an echo show this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

people are just telling me and no i havent had ECG

That is not correct. This is anxiety
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i dont feel u have been very helpful and your answers are very quick and blunt

I'm sorry I didn't help fully.
Let's continue until you get all the answers you need
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i just need more information as to why i have constant palpitations and feeling spaced out all time,and why my doctor gave me angina tablets which i refuse to take,and also wish to know if i cud be going through early menapause

Have you had hormone levels checked?
Do you have periods?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i did explain from begining that my periods have been odd,last month i was 4 days early and this month i was 10 days early,,can i feel unwell and lightheadeness due to menapause?plus palpitaions

Yes sorry i missed that
Absolutely it could be menopause
Get your hormones checked. FSH, LH and estradiol
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay thankyou.im just frightened of something wrong with my heart

You're welcome. :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

befor i go could you tell me what to do with these angina tablets as i dont want to take them

Just hold on to them