Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I am aged 63, 6 feet tall, 11 stone in weight and am generally

I am aged 63, 6 feet tall, 11 stone in weight and am generally fit. I drink 6 units of alcohol per day.
My wife died 3 years ago and I had no medical treatment to relieve the sense of grief. However, after a year I met a new partner and we are very happily settled and planning a house move to the south coast of the UK.
I have been doing a lot of DIY work around the house in the last year to get it ready for sale but this has eased off considerably in the last few weeks.
For some months now I have woken up with a tight, heavy feeling in the centre of my chest which dissappears on getting up. However, I am aware of a slight 'sensation' in the centre of my chest throughout the day but only if I focus on it.
Any ideas as to the causes of these chest pains please?
Regards,
Dave
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
most likely this is acid reflux pain but you need at least an EKG to rule out heart issues I doubt it is your heart though