Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I had severe chest pain in the right hand side 2 years ago.

I had severe chest pain in the right hand side 2 years ago. Had to go to hospital. Angiogram was fine. No more pain until 3 days ago. Refused an ambulance because I knew the pain would go -and it did after 15 minutes. Not heartburn or indigestion. Hope I don't get it again. What could it be?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question,How severe is this pain ? do you still have pain or it is gone ?Does this pain increases with activity or walking ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The pain disappeared as suddenly as it started and I have had no pain since but it was so frightening. If it had been on the left hand side I would have called an ambulance. Exercise did not bring it on.

What made this pain worse ? coughing ? pressing the pain area ? what was this pain like ? burning ? or pressure?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was as if I had swallowed a whole sweet and it was slowly going down but through my chest not my throat. It wasn't burning. I didn't cough or press the area. I just sat there until it went then I was fine.

Thank you for your reply, It does not seems to be a heart pain or angina. It seems more like a muscular pain which moved. If you do not have pain now then no need to worry.If you still have pain then you need to get an ECG and troponin levels. Because chest pain in a person is always considered as a heart pain unless proven otherwise.
Let me know if you have questions, Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Even on the wrong side? Should I go to hospital next time?

Yes, although chances of it being a heart pain are low on right side, but still it is heart pain unless proved otherwise.
Yes if this happens again you need to visit hospital. specially if it lasts more than 5 minutes.