Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I had peracardits 7 years ago, but overtime I get an Ecg

I had peracardits 7 years ago, but every time I get an Ecg done, it reads like I am in the middle of a heart attack, which is obviously not the case. I am a very fit 44 year old (elite level cyclist). My real question is really to try and understand why it continues to read so abnormally after all these years ?

Also, I had a full fluid MRI done about 3 years ago while working in New York. I had a bit of chest discomfort over a couple of days, the GP saw my Ecg and rushed me off to hospital. I was fine but went through every possible test. I also had multiple Cardiologist follow ups post my episode in 2008.

The reason for this latest ecg was me complaining about a bit of lightheadedness when standing up. Blood pressure is fine, resting pulse is around the 45 mark.

don't you think it is because you are an elite cyclist?that will change your EKG dramatically
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How ?

because your heart muscle is much thicker than the average personIt is like any other muscle you trainathletes have totally different heartsthis creates a different looking electrical current on EKG