NorthernHeart
NorthernHeart, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal Medicine, Gen Cardiology, Nuclear Card, Echocard
70615384

There, My name is***** and nine years ago, I had

Customer Question

Hi there,
My name is***** and nine years ago, I had a quintruple heart bypass. The surgery was carried out in Malaysia and the attending heart surgeon harvested both my radial arterys and my internal mammary artery to use as grafts. My left descending artery was 98% blocked and the other four blockages were in the region of 40% to 70%. The only symptoms were a tightness in my throat. I have been generally asymptomatic ever since, and the only drug I take is statins. I feel well, although I get throat tightness on climbing hills. I had this checked out while in Malaysia (stress test) and nothing showed up on the heart monitors. The cardiologist said it looked more like asthma, and I do have a chronic cough. While I feel good, I would like to know if there is any continuing care facility in Northern Ireland where I live. (I was born here). I believe in pre-empting any trouble before it happens. In Malaysia I had a stress test, ecg and blood tests every year, and access to a specialist if I needed it. My Doctor in Northern Ireland has not mentioned anything about it and I haven't seen any heart doctor for two years. I live a healthy, active life and want it to stay that way. Do I have access to follow up care? I am a 65 year old retired teacher. Regards, ***** *****
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
any other medical issues?