Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I had a surgical termination of pregnancy 2 days ago under

I had a surgical termination of pregnancy 2 days ago under general anaesthetic. It was completely uneventful and I was discharged a few hours later.
I suffer from SVT and PACs and as such take 2.5mg bisoprolol daily. Before my GA i was given a small dose of lidocaine intravenously.
Today (48hours later) I have noticed a fair few PACs, should I be concerned?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
This is common. Any other health issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other health issues.I have 5 children, my eldest being 15 and my youngest 5. My family is complete.My only health problem is the SVT and the frequent PACs
Sorry about the late reply I had to go offline for a bitIF everything else is fine, I wouldn't be too worriedstress on the body and hormone fluctuations can trigger PVCS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was it ok to give me the lidocaine then? I read in my bisoprolol leaflet that the two interact and that was why I was worrying..
In hindsight, I probably wouldn't have done itbut it is far out of your system by now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did tell them I take bisoprolol.You don't think that's why I'm getting the PACs now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do the two cause together?
No I don't think soIt is just the surgery and the hormone changestogether it can cause changes in vascular resistance of blood vessels.