Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Dear Professor, I was diagnosed with Mobil hypermobility

Customer Question

Dear Professor,
I was diagnosed with Mobil hypermobility and marfanoid body type. An echo was done as well.
The results say that the RVOT is dilated measuring 4,9 cm. The ascending aorta is slightly dilated, 2,5 cm. However, I was referred by a rheumatologist and I was informed today that my results are normal.
As I found it, the RVOT measuring 4,9 cm can be concerning.
Thank you for your answer.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.Did you get referred to a cardiologist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Professor,Thank you for your feedback.
I have no idea what is happening now. I was referred to the echo by a rheumatologist because of joint hypermobility and marfanoid body type and the evaluation was sent back to her. I contacted her yesterday and she said that the result is normal and I was discharged. I managed to get a copy of the echo result and I saw dilation of the RVOT which concerns me. At this point it seems that I am not referred for further investigation and I just would like to know whether I should be or the dilated RVOT is normal and I have nothing to worry about it. I did not receive any follow up appointment or guidelines in regards ***** ***** changes in my heart.Thank you for your opinion.
Kind regards,
Linda
I'm here. Did you get referred to a cardiologist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know it. The rheumatologist messaged me that the echo is normal and she discharged me.
I would absolutely get a cardiologist to look at it.It might be normal. I can't tell for sure without seeing the full echo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a copy of the results attached as a jpg file. May I ask how much do I need to pay for your feedback?
Thank you very much.
For a full review on the echo, just accept additional services
also, i need the second page
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience: Cardiology Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have this page.
Okay. Basically your RVOT is severely dilated. And also the aorta is dilated. With your condition, you need to follow with a cardiologist and you probably need an MRI of the heart to confirm sizesOr at least a TEE (transesophageal echo)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help. I'll go back to the GP and kindly ask him to refer me to a cardiologist. I don't understand the rheumatologist saying everything is normal.
Thank you.Kind regards,
Linda
you're welcome Linda