Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I just wanted to know if a 68 yrs old patient has a completely

Customer Question

Hi, i just wanted to know if a 68 yrs old patient has a completely block left venticular and ef of 30% is it risky to have cabg
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, yes it is risky to have a CABG with ejection fraction of 30%. Mortality is around 7-10%. Let me know if you have questions, i am assistant professor in cardiology and can help you with further questions, have a nice day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the tests he had were ecg, echo, nuclear scan and angiograph. Test results concluded ef 30%, antero apical hypokinesia, two vessel coronary artery disease and moderate severe lv systolic dysfunction. He also suffers from high bp and is male 68 years old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached are the written results
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doctors first said stents cant be used and now want to attempt putting a stent in and medication
Thank you for your reply. As this is a severe double vessels disease with low ejection fraction, first best option is to under go CABG which is high risk but if successful with prolong his life and his life style. If you deny or surgeons do not want to under go surgery then you have to put in stents because his heart muscle is still alive and can benefit from stents. But benefit of stents is not like in case of CABG. Stents will only alleviate his few symptoms like angina but other symptoms will remain there. I hope this answers your questions. Please do not forget to rate positive so that i can be credited for my time and input. Thank you.
Get in touch with Dr mohsin Nazeer at FIC faisalabad for a second opinion ..
Was this answer helpful ?