Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I keep getting a heavy pain in the centre of my chest, sharp

Customer Question

I keep getting a heavy pain in the centre of my chest, sharp pains in my left arm, feeling nauseous and come over hot and sweaty. This has happen several times in the past week. I've been to A&E and my ECG and blood tests have been clear. I had an op about 4-5 years ago for SVT. These pains/ feelings are the same as then except I'm not having palpations and the pain is more central, I'm having them now but unsure what to do as I don't want to waste A&E time
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.There are many possibilities for chest pain. could it be acid reflux or muscular?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont believe it's either of those, I'm pretty sure I know the difference between muscular and acid reflux pains compared to those I'm experiencing. I have no pain in movement or to the touch.
Sorry about the late replyI had to step away from the computerIf it were cardiac pain, you would expect the ECG or the bloods to be abnormalWere you having chest pain during the ECG?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The chest pain had eased by the time I'd got to the hospital. They never caught my my SVT attacks on ECG or 7 day tape either. I was told there was nothing wrong with me for over a year before finally seeing a cardiologist. What's happening now may have nothing to do with my heart but there is something not right and i don't believe it to be muscular
It could be nerve related. Pinched nerves in the neck can do it I would get a stress test to totally rule out cardiac. If you have to go back to A and E then you have to