Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I'm looking to get an answer about a problem I am having.

Customer Question

I'm looking to get an answer about a problem I am having. last wednesday i went to the gym and just done a normal work out involving 20 minutes cardio and then an hour heavy weights. i arrived home shortly after the gym and sat down to my dinner and this is when it started. my head started going really funny. the only way i can describe it was i felt like i was going to pass out as it seemed as if my body had just done a 100mph free fall. i shook my head rapidly and it seemed to pass and then it happened again. then my breathing started going funny, short and shallow and hard to get a breath and i started feeling nauseous. and with this i felt, not pain but chest discomfort. chest was fluttery and felt really weird and a couple of times it did skip a beat which caused me to catch my breath. so after an hour of this i finally visited casualty. so after 6 hours, my ecg or eeg (when the cables are attached to my chest) not sure of the name, was fine. my blood pressure was "fine" even though it was 180/90. cant remember for positive what the lower number was. i got bloods done and they came back fine. i had a temperature and the drs opinion was that i had a virus and the virus plus high temperature plus gym exertion caused the heart arrythmia. but i was ok to go home and if i got worse i was to come back again. now this has more or less continued over the past few days. where it comes and goes. spells of dizziness along with chest weirdness or short sharp shocks of pain and arrythmia. usually after a spell of exertion. i have been diagnosed with anti social personality disorder so medications that i am on would be 40mg x2 per day of propranolol. 100mg lyrica x3 per day. 20mg of olanzapine x2 per day. 100mgs of sertraline. and 5mg diazepam as a PRN. i am also on cocodamol 30/500mg x6 per day as i have herniated 2 discs in my lower back. so i did have a quick google but thats not advised as it usually just says that you are having a heart attack and are dying but i would rule out that its a panic attack as i have taken propranolol, lyrica and a diazepam to see if it stopped it happening and it hasnt, ive never experienced panic before and i dont think i am capable. i am reluctuant to go back to the hospital as if they try and send me home again, there is a good possibility that i would lose my temper and the situation would escalate so i thought i would get your advice first of all before i take my next step.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.
did they order a holter monitor?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They said they are sending a report to my GP to get a 24 heart trace done. I contacted my GP today and no report sent yet. So I'm guessing it will take weeks for that to happen
I think this is not anything serious but I would recommend a 24 hour heart trace to be sure
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
So I'm sitting here feeling like I am going to pass out with dizziness and chest pains and I've just paid u £18 for u to tell me that you don't think it's anything serious? What does fall into the category of serious? Actually passing out?
In my opinion this is either psychological or related to some of your meds.
thanks for this questionplease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)if you have more questions, just reply