Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I have had a pacemaker fited to my left shoulder, but would

I have had a pacemaker fited to my left shoulder, but would like to know if it is safe to use a intrasound unit on my righthand shoulder were i have been using it for pain relief. i have not used it since the fitting and i would like to use it again on my left shoulder ?.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, these devices can cause a harm to your pacemaker, so should not be used.http://www.medtronic.com/patients/bradycardia/living-with/daily-living/see this link as a reference and details of other precautions that need to be undertaken.I am assistant professor in field of cardiology and can help you with your questions, thank you.