Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I'm having some chest pains where I can point the area

Customer Question

Hi , I'm having some chest pains where I can point the area where it's happening, it's in the upper left side(pectoral muscle area). I can reproduce the pain if I stretch in a certain way. I don't have any back pain or arm pain. No shortness of breath. However the muscle seems tight (the pec muscle) and the pain seems to b coming a little bit deeper than the muscle itself. Should I visit a doctor? And I did get an ecg done and a blood test 2 months ago and they were fine plus if I stay still, like lie down for a few mins the pain disappears mostly.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Any pain with exertion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. And only when I stretch in a specific way
Then this is muscular.There is no doubt about it.I see no reason to investigate any further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So just to make sure I'm not gonna have a heart attack or something with the symptoms that I discribed? And as I said that the area in that side of the chest feels a bit tense.
yeou wont
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much !
welcome