Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I have been having episodes of dizziness and feeling like am

I have been having episodes of dizziness and feeling like am going to faint with palpitations i have had 2 ecgs and bloodtests that were all clear i have been refferred to cardiology for a 24hr monitor but since i keep getting chest pain on left side it is a dull pain that lasts a few minutes would you have possible conditions that this could be theres is a strong history of heart disease on my fathers side and my brother has PoTS
Category: Cardiology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am also on 160mg proponolol for an essential tremor
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.Do you have any other medical issues?
I opened the rating system for you to reviewI only receive credit with 3 starts or above.If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that i am aware of
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, with strong family history of heart disease these symptoms can be due to fast abnormal heart rate which may be result of underlying heart disease, to approach this issue we need to get a holter test for 24-48 hours and get a stress test to see if there is any abnormality. Stress tests are best to reveal hidden heart ischemia or angina. Let me know if you have questions, thank you.
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience: MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My heart is never fast ive been monitoring myself and is is usually 50-60bpm lowest recorded was 45bpm i have noticed i get out of breath for easy now aswell i have been use a home device that is detecting atrial fabriliation but unsure weather to trust this reading would my symptoms match A FIB
Thank you for your reply, dizziness and palpitations can occur with low heart rate, it seems like your heart rate is low which is causing these symptoms, even with low heart rate holter is still the test of choice.